If your iPhone has you driving into the wilderness under iOS 6's maps, you'll want to download good old trusty Google Maps.
The new version of the old app you knew and loved all these years is currently available for the iPhone and iPod touch (and iPad if you dig the 2x mode) the App Store for FREE. It's got a new icon and asks that you sign in with your Google account, but at least it won't lead you into peril. Here's the app profile…
* Find addresses, places and businesses around the world with Google local search.
* Discover places to eat, drink, shop and play, with ratings and local reviews.
* Sign in to sync your searches, directions, and favorite places between your computer and your phone.
* Get voice guided, turn-by-turn driving directions.
* Find your way by train, bus, subway or walking directions.
* Access live traffic information in cities across the world.
Street View and imagery
* View 360-degree panoramas of places around the globe with Street View.
* See inside more than 100,000 businesses worldwide.
* View high resolution satellite imagery of locations around the world.
Simple and easy to use
* An entirely new Google Maps experience on your iPhone.
* Newly designed and streamlined interface for even easier navigation of your world.
* Use gestures to explore the map and browse results.
- Version: 1.1
- Created & Sold by: Google, Inc.
- Categories: Navigation, Travel